THIS IS ME
Videographer • Photographer • Designer
John in a nutshell…
Oklahoma born and raised
Lived in Louisiana long enough to make a mean crawfish boil and étouffée
Now call South Carolina my home
Own an unhealthy amount of Beatles and aviation memorabilia
Have two beautiful children; a high school teacher and filmmaker
Landed dream job out of school with Boeing Aerospace
Once a 3D modeler and animator running DOS on I386 PC
My work is my brand. Hardwired to reach higher than expectations. I have comprehensive experience with all aspects of video production and post-production. Proven ability to handle a variety of projects and work under high-pressure deadlines. I bring a broad industry experience in the field of photography, graphic design, audio, and video.
When inspiration does not come, I go for a walk, go to the movie, talk to a friend, let go... The muse is bound to return again, especially if I turn my back!
— Judy Collins
Isn't he wonderful? It's like he's everywhere and nowhere at the same time.
– Overheard while filming behind-the-scenes.
2006 - Present
GoMuse Productions, LLC Ravenel, SC 2017–Present Lafayette, LA 2006–2017
- Owner/Operator Video production studio providing motion/graphic design and photography for broadcast and online content
- Lead Designer in the re-branding of New Orleans Pelicans Arena concessions
- Display designer for several local University Athletic Programs
- Motion-graphic designer of various digital displays for select NFL and NBA Stadium LED Screens
2000 - 2012
IEM, Inc. | Raleigh, NC 2011–2012 Baton Rouge, LA 2000–2011
Senior Videographer & Multimedia Designer
- Multimedia Designer, editor, and motion graphics compositor for all corporate marketing, training material, front-end web development, and product demonstrations.
- Led team of designers, audio/video specialists, and programmers in development of online training sites for US Homeland Security Department
- Served as producer, co-director, cameraman, video editor, and motion graphics designer for U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Installation Protection Program presentations and for the New Jersey Continuity of Operations/Continuity of Government (COOP/COG) online training program.
- Video editor for the US Army Materiel Command’s award-winning “Outstanding Initiatives in New Media”
- Video editor and sound designer for the S. Army’s Maneuver Support Center of Excellence (MSCoE) Virtual Battlespace Systems simulations.
- Served as producer, co-director, cameraman, video editor, and motion graphics designer for mock newscast reports for the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) National Planning Directorate’s Preventing Terrorism pilot workshops across the country.
- Task Lead/Designer/Videographer for the Chemical Security Awareness online interactive training program produced for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
- Responsible for graphic support of IEM’s proprietary software, including the Chemical Stockpile Emergency Preparedness Program (CSEPP) Cooperative Agreement Narrative Report Generator and the D2-Puff dispersion modeling software.
1989 - 2000
McDonnell Douglas & Boeing Aerospace | Altus AFB, OK 1995–2000 Norman, OK 1989–1995
- Managed the conversion of analog Computer-based training (CBT) material to Digital Interactive Discs for the USAF C-17 Aircrew Training
- Coordinated team of designers in re-authoring training courses to Authorware Platform
- Develop new training processes, budget, process requirements, employee evaluation, vendors, and sub-contractors in support of C-17 training bases across the country
- Videographer and designer for C-17 Aircrew multimedia training materials
Skills & Knowledge
Canon EOS 100 MarkII, Canon 6D, Panasonic AC130, DJI OSMO, Sigma, Tamaron, Rokin, and Canon glass…
Sennheiser Lavalier pack, RODE (Boom) NTG2, RODE VideoMic Pro, AKG wireless handheld mic, ZOOM H4N recorder, Tascam recorders…
HDMI monitors, 3 ft slider, 4 ft Glideshot crane, soft and LED lights, tripods, light stands, Speedlights…
- Project Management
- Industry Standards and Technology
- WordPress Web Design
- Digital Signage Design
- Motion Graphics
- Graphic Design
- Logo Design and Branding
- Corporate Photography
- Point-of-Sales Display Banner Design
- Lifestyle Photography
- Print Design
- Photo manipulation/retouch
- Blu-ray and DVD authoring
- Band Photography
- Commercial Photography
- Kickstarter Campaign Videos
- Behind-the-Scenes Documentation
- Wedding Video Production
- Commercial Videos
- Industrial Demos
- Sports Arena Ribbon Animation
- Corporate Video Services
OKLAHOMA STATE UNIVERSITY Institute of Technology
Associate of Applied Science-Technical Illustration
Eastern Oklahoma State College
Associate Degree - Fine Arts
- Numerous web development and design courses
- Various courses in digital video training
- Sony Institute of Applied Technology Course
- LightSpeed Productions Video Training Course
- Louisiana Film Workshops for Filmmakers and Digital Cinema